I started hacking around with PHP in 1998 but never really considered it development until I learned what I used to consider “superior languages”. A decade later, PHP is going strong and I am actually employed at a company where we do a lot of PHP (my opinions are my own). I’ve been wanting to implement something smart for deploying PHP projects (like continuous-integration) and decided to compile a list of useful links here. Wouldn’t really consider this an article, just a placeholder of links.
- Codeception: BDD inspired testing framework. MIT licensed.
- SimpleTest: Unit Testing framework, written in PHP. LGPL licensed.
- PHPunit. Unit Testing framework. BSD licensed.
- Enhance PHP.
Object Relational Mapping (ORM)
- Doctrine: Doctrine ORM, used by Symfoni and others.
- PHP ActiveRecord
- idiorm BSD licensed
- RabbitMQ: AMQP compatible server.
- ActiveMQ: AMQP compatible server.
- 0MQ: server (not AMQP compatible AFAIK).
Other useful libraries
- Flourish: Modular
- Symfoni: Modular.
- Aurora PHP